Vision, Mission, and Values of the Central Intelligence
To be the keystone of a U.S. Intelligence Community that is preeminent
in the world, known for both the high quality of our work and the excellence
of our people.
We support the President, the National Security Council, and all who
make and execute U.S. national security policy by:
- Providing accurate, comprehensive, and timely foreign intelligence
related to national security.
- Conducting counterintelligence activities, special activities, and
other functions related to foreign intelligence and national security
as directed by the President.
Our Core Beliefs and Values
What we stand for:
- Intelligence that adds substantial value to the management of crises,
the conduct of war, and the development of policy.
- Objectivity in the substance of intelligence, a deep commitment to
the customer in its form and timing.
How we do our work:
- Personal and organizational integrity.
- Teamwork throughout the Agency and the Intelligence Community.
- Total participation of an excellent and diverse workforce.
- Innovation and risk-taking to get the job done.
- Adaptation to both a changing world environment and evolving customer
- Accountability for our actions.
- Continuous improvement in all that we do.